1. Can passengers stay in the wheelchair during transport?
a. Yes, all of our vehicles have accessibility for all wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Passengers who use a walker or cane can also take advantage of our easily accessible vans. All wheelchairs are strapped down with a 4 pt. tie down lock from Q-Straint and each passenger is strapped in with a safety belt.
2. Do you accept any Medicare , Medicaid or any other Insurance?
a. Unfortunately, Medicare does NOT cover most transportation needs, but you should always look into your specific plans. We are NOT a Medicaid provider and currently do not take any other health insurance. We are happy to work with Workman’s Compensation.
3. What are AOT’s methods of payment and how do your rates work?
a. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Checks and Cash. To make it easier for passengers we give a flat rate depending on the pick up and drop off location. The only additional charges are for wait time (if authorized)
a. Our vehicles have been converted strictly for wheelchairs; unfortunately we do not provide stretcher transport at this time.
5. Will you wait for a patient at an appointment or venue?
a. We do offer wait time at an additional rate and ask for 48 hour notice to guarantee having a driver wait with you. Call for rates.
6. How long are your wait times when an appointment is over?
a. Wait times differ from day to day, but we generally quote less than 30 minutes for our return trips/
7. Are you involved with Palm Tran?
a. No, Palm Tran is a county service that has multiple stops. AOT provides transport for one passenger at a time, we do not make multiple stops unless authorized by the passenger.
8. Do you offer discounts for frequent travelers?
a. We do offer rate discounts for our passengers who consistently use our service, please call for more information